Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Emotional Self Care
Jul 20, 2021
How to take care of yourself?
Emotional self-care is caring for your emotional needs by identifying what it is you’re feeling and then moving forward in a way that honors yourself and those emotions. When our emotional self-care needs are not being addressed, we tend to feel frustrated and burnt-out, leaving us with a feeling of, “how the hell did I get myself into this mess?” and no real plan to climb out.
Here are more ways to start incorporating emotional self-care into your daily life:
* Take a few deep breaths, especially before expressing your feelings
* Learn to say No and serve yourself first
* Protect your energy from others
* Create boundaries that feel good to set and encourage others to do the same
* Stop over-explaining yourself to others
* Reserve the word Sorry only for those moments when you’re truly sorry
* Call on others for help when you start to feel overwhelmed
* Accept compliments without argument or pushback, just a simple Thank You
* Experience your emotions without judgment, guilt, or embarrassment
* Give yourself the grace to try again when moments don’t go as planned,